You've heard that Himalayan Pink Salt is great for your health, but did you know it's great for your skin, too? When used in a body scrub, Himalayan salt is great for exfoliation. Skin is the largest organ in the body and it’s constantly changing, which means dead skin cells build up from time to time. These changes may cause the skin to look dull in appearance and feel rough, dry, and/or flaky. Exfoliation is the best way to remove dead skin cells, leaving skin smoother, brighter, and more vibrant. You can do this in the morning or re-energize yourself in the afternoon. Here is what you will need to make your scrub:
- 1/2 cup Himalayan salt
- 1/2 Olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Essential oils (Lavender or Eucalyptus) optional
- Measure out the salt you’ll need. Use finely ground salt because it exfoliates the skin better than more coarse salt.
- Heat the coconut oil either in the microwave or over the stove because it hardens when cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the liquid coconut oil, Olive Oil and the salt. Stir thoroughly with a spoon.
- Once the salt scrub is well mixed, add you're essential oils. This is optional, but I love the scents and the luxurious feel of essential oils. So I added 8 drops of eucalyptus essential oil and 3 drops of Lavender. 8 ounces of salt scrub will require between 10 and 15 drops of essential oils, but this varies if you’re looking for a more or less fragrant scrub.
- Pour your mixture into an airtight container, and once it’s cooled, get to scrubbin’!
Try it and let us know how it goes, we love to hear from you!